Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unprepared: A Cautionary Tale

Growing up my parents taught me to always wear clean underwear, because “if you get into an accident the paramedics will make fun of you and your dirty underwear!!!”
Yes, that was my motivation to wear clean underwear as a child.
And I knew it was true, because my Dad was a paramedic.


The lesson was simple... be prepared for anything.
 
I had two important reminders this week of that very nature (don’t worry- they don’t involve dirty underwear)
 
Monday 2/27:

I don’t make my bed.  Not a big deal, I think.  I’m just going to come home and get right back in it.
WRONG.  Oh, let’s invite some friends over!  Oh, my sister is asleep, we don’t want to wake her by being noisy in the living room, let’s go to my room!
 
TIDY BED FAIL.
 
I’ll have you know my room was pretty much spotless other than the bed.  So that was good.


Tuesday 2/28:

Deciding what to wear. Who am I trying to impress?  I’m just going to go to work, see like 3 people and then come straight home.  I don’t need to look that cute today.  Puts on frumpy gray sweater.
In the afternoon I get a call from a recruiter who wants to meet me ASAP.
I find myself in DC, on an interview, looking and feeling fugly.
 
PRETTY FAIL
 

Moral of the story:  Make your bed, look cute, and for heaven’s sake wear clean underwear!
You’re welcome.

2 comments:

  1. You look great in that pic! Making the bed is overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the way to the hospital the other day I had to think, "did I put on clean underwear today?".... YES! thank goodness,

    ReplyDelete