For my birthday this year, I went low-key.
No over-the-top theme parties, or trips to exotic places, as I’ve done for recent birthdays.
I spent the morning watching Spongebob Squarepants (as previously reported) then I opened up all of my wonderful presents and cards, from my awesome family and friends who mailed me packages! It made it feel like a real birthday. THANK YOU!
Then we watched General Conference.
One of my favorite talks, was from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Elder Holland is great. I met him once, and he shook my hand. (That’s kind of a big deal in the Mormon world.)
My sister made me a delicious birthday dinner of Pork Chops! Yum!
And then we went BOWLING!
Yes. Bowling.
I haven’t been bowling in a really long time. Some of my girlfriends from the ward came and we had a lot of fun.
Also, I’m a consistently inconsistent bowler. Every time I bowl, I never know what’s going to happen. I have streaks of really bad and really good.
Thanks to Ash for being the photorazzi.
No over-the-top theme parties, or trips to exotic places, as I’ve done for recent birthdays.
I spent the morning watching Spongebob Squarepants (as previously reported) then I opened up all of my wonderful presents and cards, from my awesome family and friends who mailed me packages! It made it feel like a real birthday. THANK YOU!
Then we watched General Conference.
One of my favorite talks, was from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
My beloved brothers and sisters, to those of you who have been blessed by the gospel for many years because you were fortunate enough to find it early, to those of you who have come to the gospel by stages and phases later, and to those of you—members and not yet members—who may still be hanging back, to each of you, one and all, I testify of the renewing power of God’s love and the miracle of His grace. His concern is for the faith at which you finally arrive, not the hour of the day in which you got there.
Elder Holland is great. I met him once, and he shook my hand. (That’s kind of a big deal in the Mormon world.)
My sister made me a delicious birthday dinner of Pork Chops! Yum!
And then we went BOWLING!
Yes. Bowling.
I haven’t been bowling in a really long time. Some of my girlfriends from the ward came and we had a lot of fun.
Also, I’m a consistently inconsistent bowler. Every time I bowl, I never know what’s going to happen. I have streaks of really bad and really good.
Thanks to Ash for being the photorazzi.
Hey, I still got the bowling ball that Leslie gave you. I could mail it, but buying a new one over there would be a lot cheaper.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday