Monday, October 31, 2011

Post-Vacation Activities

So I haven't had much time to get a case of the post-vacation blues because I've been so busy! The day I returned from Hawaii I had a yucky case of jet lag (that 6 hour time difference coming east truly sucks), so I went for a walk and realized the leaves were changing!  Here a few shots from my walk.



 Then I had back to back houseguests!
Brandon's parents came to visit and we went with them to see some of the sights.
We went to George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate.
I loved it here!  We had really nice weather too.





 George was buried here:
 Then we went over to Arlington cemetery.  The last time I went there was about 20 years ago- so it was new to me again!
We happened upon a high school group that was visiting.  There were these teenage boys running up the stairs and yelling out to their friends. 
I became psycho librarian lady and scolded them. "We are IN a CEMETERY!" I chided, then gave them the look of death.

We also made it in time to see the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier.


 
















Later that evening we went to Old Town Alexandria and walked around.  
There was this gentleman there performing the glasses.  He was amazing! I think he was playing Bach when I took this.  Ashley said last time she saw him he was playing Star Wars theme music.

 Later in the week we went to see Les Mis at the Kennedy Center.  I don't have pictures from the evening.  It was such an amazing show! 
Also, a side note, we parked in the infamous Watergate building.

No comments:

Post a Comment